Sunday, October 5, 2008

WELL IS IT OOZING?!

Something fucking hilarious (at least I thought so) happened today at the pharmacy.

I went up to the counter to pick up some meds for mah bloooooooood (said like a southern zombie, if you can imagine one), and I said to the lady that I was here to pick up a prescription under my name.

And the pharmacist turns around to sort through piles of bags, and she calls out quite loudly over her shoulder, "OH, YOU'RE HERE TO PICK UP THE [*insert medication name here*]?!"

Which wasn't exactly embarrassing since it's not exactly a well-known drug, and it's not as if it gave away to the assembled public what my medical problem, not that that would be embarrassing either. I just though pharmacists were supposed to be discreet is all.

So as I'm gathering up my bag and preparing to leave CVS, the woman next to me is now talking to the pharmacist. And I can't hear what she's saying. But suddenly the pharmacist responds loudly, "WELL IS IT OOZING OR PUSSING, OR DOES IT JUST LOOK WEIRD?"

At which point, EVERYONE in CVS turned to look at this woman, who we now believed to be a disgusting freak of nature.

The woman responded in another whisper-like way, and the pharmacist responds:
"WELL IF THERE IS PUS OOZING OUT, THEN YOU'D BETTER GO TO THE DOCTOR. YOU NEED ANTIBIOTICS, BECAUSE IT'S DEFINITELY INFECTED IF THERE IS PUS!"


anyway, that just amused me. something amusing to think about when im sad, i guess

No comments: