Monday, August 17, 2009

Wait, I didn't do anything this time!

I'm having another one of those moments where I'm just feeling completely indignant. So I have to see an Israeli lawyer about something (can't get into details here), so i called him for the first time last Sunday or something. He said he'd be out of town until Wednesday, so he'd call me on Thursday. So I patiently waited until Thursday....no call.....waiting through the weekend......on Sunday, still no call. So today, Monday, I decided I'd call him. So his secretary or whatever picks up, then there's a few seconds of silence, and then I hear the lawyer's voice as clear as day saying in Hebrew,

"[*grunt*] Again??? ALWAYS when I'm in the middle of something!!! Fiiiiiiine, pass her over to me."

And then he says in a very polite voice, as if I was only now connected to his phone line, "Hello, Samantha, how can I help you?"

Which left me feeling like, what the hell did I do? I've called this guy only once before, and I've given him over a week to call me when he isn't "in the middle of something."

Like, I KNOW when I'm being pestering and annoying and whatever. A few months ago the army enlistment center could have sworn loudly whenever I called. THAT would have been fair and called for. Some guy I called only once before a week ago, and who didn't return my call......not the same.

No comments: