Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Tisha B'Av?

/

"I'd totally feel comfortable flying on September 11th, because you know they're not going to do it again on that day specifically. It's not like it's Tisha B'Av."
--A friend saying maybe the funniest thing I've heard in a while...


Also, little Iranian immigrant child (age 4) watching Dora the Explorer, yelling at the TV, "IT'S RIGHT THERE, DORA! RIGHT THERE! WHAT, YOU DON'T SEE!?!?!? HOW DO YOU NOT SEE IT!!!"
Then, turning to me, "I think Dora's blind!"

Later, Dora asks the viewer to help her with something else, something so easy that the 4 year old immigrant child can't believe it. So she calls out to me: "Dora's retarded!"
Me: "hey, don't call Dora 'retarded,' it's not nice!"
Girl: "But she is retarded! So is her mother and her father and her brothers and her whole family! All of Dora's family is retarded!!!"
/

No comments: