Saturday, May 31, 2008

holy. fuck.

Um, so you know how I WANTED to do the army but i thought that since i wouldn't be israeli until after i was 20, i wouldn't have to do it?

Um, turns out I was wrong. they calculate your date of arrival NOT from the time you get citizenship but from the time you enter israel. i entered israel at the age of 19. meaning, even if i get my citizenship after june 28 of this year (my birthday), i STILL am obligated to do the army. hell, i could even leave the country, but i have to wait to come back for like 2 years to get citizenship if i dont want to be obligated to do the army.

this is both thrilling AND frightening.

please do not tell my mother.

3 comments:

Oz Abramovich said...

OMG!!!
So, what do you plan on doing?
BTW, even if you do join the army, you won't get to do anything
"combatic" (I know that's not really a word...), unless you ask for it.
Godd luck with your mom, though...

Abraham said...

I'm excited for you! No matter what, I know you'll do admirably. Israel came up last night at Hillel (Libby, Corinne, JoRo, Benji, and I were talking about it, among other things) and the idea that people moving to Israel to fight for it--that's what Israel is all about. I can't wait to take the plunge! And also, the more I think about it, the more awesome it seems to come visit you in September.

Love,
Abraham

fgdfbf

Sam said...

Oz-
I have no idea what I plan on doing! Any suggestions?
Also, I think "combatic" SHOULD be an English word, because it makes total sense as one.

Abraham--
You have no idea how much I miss Hillel, and also if you come visit in September I will shit myself with happiness. I hope that doesn't stop you from visiting...

--sam